First released in 2003, PCLinuxOS (also known as PCLOS) is a Linux variant for desktop and laptop computers. There are several special versions available for download, which come packaged with various desktop environments, including MATE, KDE, and LXDE.
PCLinuxOS implementation of the KDE control center is very easy to use. Change the settings, adjust the appearance and other operations are also very user-friendly. I still like to provide the installation wizard. Combined with the rolling release of the function, means that the release as long as the installation once, never have a second reload.
PCLinuxOS has a script called mylivecd, which allows the user to take a ‘snapshot’ of their current hard drive installation (all settings, applications, documents, etc.) and compress it into an ISO CD/DVD/USB image. This allows easy backup of a user’s data and also makes it easy to create your own custom liveCD/DVD/USB.
PCLinuxOS has additional support for over 85 languages through our simple Addlocale interface. It is safe and secure. You never have to worry about viruses, adware, malware or trojans infecting your computer with PCLinuxOS.
Changelog 2019.07 KDE
KDE Applications 19.04.3
KDE Frameworks 5.60.0
KDE Plasma 5.16.3
KDE Games 19.04.3
This ISO comes with the standard compliment of KDE applications plus LibreOffice. Some additional applications include
– Timeshift – backup and restore utility
– Bitwarden – a free and open source password management solution
– Darktable – photo manipulation software
– Krita – image editing software
– Digikam – image management software
– Megasync – store your files in the cloud
– Teamviewer – control another computer from yours
– Simplenotes – a note-taking application with markdown support
– Kodi – a multimedia center
– Kazam – a screen capture utility
– Calibre – the one stop solution for all your e-book needs.
– Skrooge – banking software
Plus much much more like Firefox, Thunderbird, Strawberry music player and VLC video player.
– fully updated as of 17 July 2019