Oracle Solaris 11.4 SRU30 releases: Unix operating system
Solaris is a Unix operating system originally developed by Sun Microsystems. It superseded their earlier SunOS in 1993. In 2010, after the Sun acquisition by Oracle, it was renamed Oracle Solaris.
Solaris is known for its scalability, especially on SPARC systems, and for originating many innovative features such as DTrace, ZFS and Time Slider. Solaris supports SPARC and x86-64 workstations and servers from Oracle and other vendors. Solaris is registered as compliant with the Single UNIX Specification. via_Wiki
Oracle Solaris 11.4 SRU30 was released.
This SRU introduces the following new features and components:
- HMP has been updated to 184.108.40.206
- Add Python 3.9 to Oracle Solaris 11.4
- Add klog support to vds
- Add perl 5.32.0 into Oracle Solaris 11.4
- Add py3c 1.2 to Oracle Solaris 11.4
- Add support for User Mode Instruction Prevention
- provide libxml2 module for Python 3.9
- provide mod_wsgi module for python 3.9
- provide net-snmp module for Python 3.9
- Add libpng 1.6 packages to Oracle Solaris 11.4
- Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.6.2 update.
- LDoms now produces auditing records for domain lifecycle events.
- large performance improvement for all vsan MASK operations
- klog support (in MDB) for vdisk server
- created ::vds MDB command for use with klog.vds
- Memory page retire operations now persisted for guests, and replayed on reboot.
- Multi-level PVLAN are now supported
- Warning-level log messages from ldmd can now be turned off
- The Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.6.2 Supplemental Release Notes have further details.