NomadBSD is a live system for USB flash drives, based on FreeBSD®. Together with automatic hardware detection and setup, it is configured to be used as a desktop system that works out of the box, but can also be used for data recovery, for educational purposes, or to test FreeBSD®‘s hardware compatibility.
- The base system has been upgraded to FreeBSD 12.1-p6.
- rtsx-kmod, which is a driver for Realtek card readers, has been added.
- The ZFS layout used for installing NomadBSD on a harddisk has been changed to allow beactl to back up the boot environment. Thanks to @maurizio-emmex.
- load_iichid has been added. It is a rc-script, which offers the user, via a dialog(1) menu, to load the experimental iichid driver from sysutils/iichid if it finds a I2C HID.
- graphics/intel-backlight has been added.
- A curses menu has been added, which allows user to acknowledge licenses of certain wireless drivers in order to use them.
- A unionfs_maxfiles rc.conf variable has been added. It controls how many files can be opened on the unionfs.
- graphics/mirage has been replaced by graphics/viewnior.
- A patch from 12-STABLE has been added to the acpi_video module, which sends devd events whenever the brightness was changed.
- brightness_listener has been added. It is a tool that listens in the background on devd events for keypresses of screen brightness buttons and shows the current brightness level using dunst(1).
- volumecontrol has been added. It is a wrapper around /usr/sbin/mixer to increase, decrease and toggle mute the soundcard and display the current value with dunst(1).
- Spanish translations have been added to nomadbsd-adduser. Thanks to Hugo Salgado.
- A bug which makes the brigtness keys of the ThinkPad T450 fail has been fixed.
- The bwn(4) module was build with BWN_GPL_PHY enabled to build it with N-PHY support, which is needed for BCM43224 and BCM43225 devices.
- x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard and x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse have been replaced by x11-drivers/xf86-input-libinput.