Nginx mainline version 1.21.6 released
Basic HTTP server features
- Serving static and index files, autoindexing; open file descriptor cache;
- Accelerated reverse proxying with caching; load balancing and fault tolerance;
- Accelerated support with caching of FastCGI, uwsgi, SCGI, and memcached servers; load balancing and fault tolerance;
- Modular architecture. Filters include gzipping, byte ranges, chunked responses, XSLT, SSI, and image transformation filter. Multiple SSI inclusions within a single page can be processed in parallel if they are handled by proxied or FastCGI/uwsgi/SCGI servers;
- SSL and TLS SNI support;
- Support for HTTP/2 with weighted and dependency-based prioritization.
Other HTTP server features
- Name-based and IP-based virtual servers;
- Keep-alive and pipelined connections support;
- Access log formats, buffered log writing, fast log rotation, and syslog logging;
- 3xx-5xx error codes redirection;
- The rewrite module: URI changing using regular expressions;
- Executing different functions depending on the client address;
- Access control based on client IP address, by password (HTTP Basic authentication) and by the result of subrequest;
- Validation of HTTP referer;
- The PUT, DELETE, MKCOL, COPY, and MOVE methods;
- FLV and MP4 streaming;
- Response rate limiting;
- Limiting the number of simultaneous connections or requests coming from one address;
- IP-based geolocation;
- A/B testing;
- Request mirroring;
- Embedded Perl;
*) Bugfix: when using EPOLLEXCLUSIVE on Linux client connections were unevenly distributed among worker processes.
*) Bugfix: nginx returned the “Connection: keep-alive” header line in responses during graceful shutdown of old worker processes.
*) Bugfix: in the “ssl_session_ticket_key” when using TLSv1.3.