MariaDB 10.3.9 Stable releases: Popular MySQL branch version
The MariaDB database server is published as free and open source software under the General Public License version 2. MariaDB is designed as a drop-in replacement of MySQL(R) with more features, new storage engines, fewer bugs, and better performance.
MariaDB 10.3.9 has been released.
- New variable innodb_log_optimize_ddl for avoiding delay due to page flushing and allowing concurrent backup.
- InnoDB updated to 5.7.23
- ALTER TABLE fixes:
- MDEV-14637 – Fix hang due to DDL with FOREIGN KEY or persistent statistics
- MDEV-15953 – Alter InnoDB Partitioned Table Moves Files (which were originally not in the datadir) to the datadir
- MDEV-16515 – InnoDB: Failing assertion: ++retries < 10000 in file dict0dict.cc line 2737
- MDEV-16809 – Allow full redo logging for ALTER TABLE
- MDEV-16131 – Assertion `is_instant() || id == DICT_INDEXES_ID’ failed in dict_index_t::instant_field_value
- MDEV-16830 – ALTER TABLE DROP FOREIGN KEY – unexpected end of stream error
- Temporary tables: MDEV-16713 – InnoDB hang with repeating log entry
- MDEV-16596 – Windows – redo log does not work on native 4K sector disks
- indexed virtual columns: MDEV-15855 – Deadlock between purge thread and DDL statement
- locking: MDEV-16664 – Change the default to innodb_lock_schedule_algorithm=fcfs
- Galera: MDEV-15822 – WSREP: BF lock wait long for trx
- MDEV-16675 – Unnecessary explicit lock acquisition during UPDATE or DELETE
- Packages and a repository for openSUSE 15 have been added with this release, visit the Repository Configuration Tool for instructions on adding the repository
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities: