Clonezilla is a partition and disk imaging/cloning program similar to True Image®. It saves and restores only used blocks in hard drive. Two types of Clonezilla are available, Clonezilla live and Clonezilla SE (Server Edition).
- Filesystem supported: ext2, ext3, ext4, reiserfs, xfs, jfs of GNU/Linux, FAT, NTFS of MS Windows, HFS+ of Mac OS, UFS of BSD, Minix of Minix and VMFS of VMWare ESX. Therefore you can clone GNU/Linux, MS Windows and Intel-based Mac OS, no matter its 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x86-64) OS. For these file systems, only used blocks in partition are saved and restored. For the unsupported file system, sector-to-sector copy is done by dd in Clonezilla
- LVM2 (LVM version 1 is not) under GNU/Linux is supported.
- Multicast is supported in Clonezilla SE, which is suitable for a massive clone.
- Based on partclone to clone partition. However, Clonezilla, containing some other programs, can save and restore not only partitions but also a whole disk.
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES from 2.6.2-15
• The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2019/Sep/03).
• Linux kernel was updated to 5.2.9-2.
• Partclone was updated to 0.3.13+git0819-2f1830e-drbl1.
• Remove zfs-fuse since it’s too old. The support for zfs mounting using openzfs can be found in Ubuntu-based Clonezilla live >= 20190903 releases.
• Package partclone-utils was updated with new upstream on Aug/29/2019: https://github.com/prekageo/partclone-utils
• Modify parameters about BT in drbl-ocs.conf: Use gen-torrent-from-ptcl (ezio-ptcl) to create a torrent file from torrent.info, not using transmission-create anymore. This could save a lot of time when the source image is big.
• Remove “-t 3 -k 60” from ezio_seeder_opt, i.e., keep ezio seeder in the server all the time until it’s killed by ocs-live-feed-img stop.
• Add a new sample program custom-ocs-3.
• Package live-tools was updated to 20190627. The issue about poweroff/reboot should have been fixed: failed to execute shutdown binary freezing execution.
• Add thin-provisioning-tools in drbl/Clonezilla live packages list, and device-mapper-persistent-data in the PKG_TO_QUERY of drbl.conf. Thanks to Tseng Wynn (wynn1212 at gmail com) for reporting this bug.
• Fix a typo in zh_TW.UTF-8. Thanks to Chih-Hsuan Yen: https://gitlab.com/stevenshiau/drbl/merge_requests/12
• Avoid torrent.info created by Partclone being included in the torrent file. This should solve the issue: https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Clonezilla_server_edition/thread/15c3efbffa and https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Clonezilla_live/thread/aba35adf97
• Separate 32-bit and 64-bit syslinux when running makeboot.sh. Thanks to Martin Mokrejs for reporting this issue. Ref: https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/bugs/326/
• Update the mechanism to generate new machine-id for restored GNU/Linux. Thanks to Peter Sun for reporting the issue and providing the solution.
• Add option -iui for ocs-onthefly, and implement the ocs-update-initrd for restored GNU/Linux.
• Bug fixed: the source IP address for disk to remote disk was not shown in the source (server) side when there is one NIC configured.