Clonezilla is a partition and disk imaging/cloning program similar to True Image®. It saves and restores only used blocks in hard drive. Two types of Clonezilla are available, Clonezilla live and Clonezilla SE (Server Edition).
- Filesystem supported: ext2, ext3, ext4, reiserfs, xfs, jfs of GNU/Linux, FAT, NTFS of MS Windows, HFS+ of Mac OS, UFS of BSD, Minix of Minix and VMFS of VMWare ESX. Therefore you can clone GNU/Linux, MS Windows and Intel-based Mac OS, no matter its 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x86-64) OS. For these file systems, only used blocks in partition are saved and restored. For the unsupported file system, sector-to-sector copy is done by dd in Clonezilla
- LVM2 (LVM version 1 is not) under GNU/Linux is supported.
- Multicast is supported in Clonezilla SE, which is suitable for a massive clone.
- Based on partclone to clone partition. However, Clonezilla, containing some other programs, can save and restore not only partitions but also a whole disk.
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES from 2.6.6-15
- The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2020/Jun/30).
- Linux kernel was updated to 5.7.6-1.
- ocs-iso, ocs-live-dev: sync syslinux-related files when copying syslinux exec files.
- When creating recovery iso/zip file, if it’s in Clonezilla live environment, we have those syslinux files. Use that first so the version mismatch can be avoided. Ref: https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/support-requests/127/
- Move grub-header.cfg from bootx64.efi to grub.cfg so that it’s more flexible.
- To avoid conflict with the patch of grub in CentOS/Fedora, for GRUB EFI NB MAC/IP config style, the netboot file is now like grub.cfg-drbl-00:50:56:01:01:01 and grub.cfg-drbl-192.168.177.2 not grub.cfg-01-* anymore.
- Add xen-tools
- Partclone was updated to 0.3.14. The codes about xfs was updated to be 4.20.0.
- Package exfat-fuse was removed since the kernel has module for that.
- A better mechanism to deal with linuxefi/initrdefi or linux/initrd in the grub config was added.
- : The function is_block_device_with_fs of ocs-function should not treat “LVM2_member” as a file system. Thanks to Carlos Trentini for reporting this. Ref: https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Clonezilla_live/thread/726d3dd6a8/
- ocs-sr: ocs-chkimg should not overwrite /var/lib/clonezilla/ocs-vars. Hence backup it before running ocs-chkimg in the restoring mode. Thanks for Denis reporting this issue: Ref: https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Clonezilla_live/thread/3f52bb4542
- dcs did not switch some client’s mode.
- ocs-onthefly: bug fix for missing last-lba line. Previous solution neglecting the last-lba line in sfdisk dumped file should not be used in the case that option -k1 is used in ocs-onthefly. Thanks to Alex Hughes and JR Bregante for reporting this issue. Ref: https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Clonezilla_live/thread/68e1be5cfe/ https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Open_discussion/thread/491c9eb9ce
- The option -z5p was missing in the menu due to pxz was not replaced by pixz. Thanks to Darkyere for reporting this. Ref: https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/bugs/344/