The Chakra GNU / Linux project was updated with the Chakra 2019.01 version, which is code-named Hawking, to commemorate the logician, mathematician, and philosopher Kurt Goedel.
Chakra is user-friendly, powerful release and self-running CD-ROM, which is based on Arch Linux. Its features include a graphical installer, automated hardware detection and configuration, the latest KDE desktops, and a wide variety of tools and accessories.
The 2019.01 version introduces several noteworthy changes:
What’s new since RC1 2?
- added vdpau driver and libs to enable HW accelerated video
- moved the kickoff menu from the latte dock to the top left corner
- renamed from 2018.12 to 2019.01
- slow startup in Live mode
- slow start of calamares (around 1min the first run, caused by fc-cache )
- update images in calamares and heritage
- calamares crash during the partition selection (see https://github.com/calamares/calamares/issues/1061
More detailed information and version information for key components can be viewed in the bulletin of the project.