ArcoLinux is an Arch Linux based distro that uses
- Arch Linux as a base
- elements from the AUR (applications from github, debian (deb), redhat (rpm), compressed files, etc…)
- ArcoLinux created elements (themes, icons, conky’s, tweaks and configs)
- Provide an operating system with all applications with personal theming installed but also bluetooth, printers, …
- After the installation no fuss and all fun.
- Provide a continuous stream of tutorials and knowledge on ArcoLinux.
- Easy setup. No technical knowledge.
- Low in cpu and memory consumption
- Provide all icons, themes, cursors, wallpapers, … out of the box.
- Provide Windows users a comfortable transition to the (Arch) Linux world.
- Blazing fast.
- Arch Linux
ARCOLINUX 19.9 releases.
LIGHTDM AND AUTOLOGIN
We have changed the calamares configuration so that we can autologin automatically (if chosen in calamares) after a clean installation of ArcoLinux.
Budgie, Gnome, Plasma and Xfce work automatically.
The others still need a manual change. The issue will be looked at by the Calamares developers.
- Liveuser has no password anymore.
- Liveuser can now login into TTY if needed to solve or analyse issues
- More space on the dvd so users can install drivers if needed
- mkinitcpio.conf has no reference to modules i915 and nouveau anymore