Earlier, Microsoft announced that it had merged the Fast RIng and the Skip Ahead channel, but there was a problem with the Insider Preview version released at the time that some users could not install it. Subsequently, Microsoft announced that it would temporarily suspend the update until the problem was fixed and then push the re-merge channel to the user. The new and revised version has now been pushed.
If the user is using Windows 10 v1903, you will need to install the latest cumulative update KB4497093 and reboot to receive Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1). In other words, if the user wants to merge and upgrade to 20H1, they need to update and download the 20H1 test version, so that they will not be downgraded after the installation.
Phone screen now supports additional Android devices: additional phone models – OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+, Note 8, Note 9
- We fixed an issue that could result in USBs and SD cards being unexpectedly assigned a different drive letter after upgrading.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the post install setup message unexpectedly appearing while you were actively using your PC sometime after login.
- We’ve improved the layout of the App Volume and Device Preferences page in Sound settings and tweaked the page view for better usability.
- We’ve updated the text of the Storage Sense group policies to make them a bit more clear.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the “Make Windows better” page appearing after login showing “please wait”, with a progress wheel, for a long period of time. We also fixed an issue that could result in this page unexpectedly appearing while you were interacting with the device sometime after login.
- We fixed an issue that could sometimes result in Windows Hello looking for the user and immediately signing them back in right after locking the PC, rather than first prompting with “Welcome back, dismiss the lock screen to sign back in”.
- We fixed an issue that could result in some Insiders seeing only a flat blue screen when connecting to a recent build over remote desktop.