VMware Workstation Pro 15.1.0 released: Fix high-security vulnerabilities
VMware Workstation Pro 15.1.0 provides the leading features and performance that a professional technician relies on every day when using a virtual machine. With the latest versions of Windows and Linux, the latest processors and hardware support, and the ability to connect to VMware vSphere and vCloud Air, it’s the perfect tool to increase productivity, save time, and conquer cloud computing.
It includes the following updates:
- Support for new guest operating systems:
- Windows 10 19H1
- Ubuntu 19.04
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.0
- Fedora 30
- ESXi 6.7 Update 2
- Stretch guest display: This feature is now extended to support all guests running on Windows hosts.
In Workstation 15.0.x, stretch guest for Windows was supported only for versions earlier than Windows 7. This limitation has been removed in Workstation 15.1.
This release addresses the following issues:
- VMware Workstation 15.1 Pro supports Hypervisor-Specific Mitigations and Hypervisor-Assisted Guest Mitigations for Microarchitectural Data Sampling (MDS) vulnerabilities identified by CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130 and CVE-2019-11091. For more information, see VMware Security Advisory VMSA-2019-0008.
- VMware Workstation 15.1 Pro addresses a DLL hijacking issue. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2019-5526 to this issue. For more information, see VMSA-2019-0007.