After inviting users to actively test, the UBports community officially released the Ubuntu Touch OTA-8 update for Ubuntu Phone today. As a stable and maintenance release update, the OTA-8 update focuses on improving the Morph browser, including support for favicons, new topic error pages, custom user scripts and better loading of the initial page of the Web App, and a system-level theme for tag themes, automatically close tabs in the window before stopping all multimedia activities, providing better keyboard support for more devices.
Ubuntu Touch OTA-8 has also been updated with other components and apps, with the Contacts app for the better search for contacts, a new button color that fits the design guide.
- Display a themed error page when page loading fails, fixes ubports/morph-browser#133: ubports/morph-browser#121
- Fix failure to load initial page of some webapps, fixes ubports/morph-browser#118: ubports/morph-browser#121
- Close all tabs in a window before closing the window, stopping any media in the window, fixes ubports/morph-browser#143: ubports/morph-browser#144
- Add custom user scripts for webapps, fixes ubports/morph-browser#124: ubports/morph-browser#140
- Bring back favicons: ubports/morph-browser#141
- When determining the height of the keyboard rectangle, take Screen.devicePixelRatio into account, fixes ubports/morph-browser#52 and others: ubports/ubuntu-ui-toolkit#25
- Fix system theme support for tab headers, fixes ubports/morph-browser#142: ubports/morph-browser#146
- Update QtLocale with CLDR-34 metadata from Q3/2018, partial fix for ubports/ubuntu-touch#655: ubports/qtbase-opensource-src-packaging#4
- Fix the test functionality in the Ubuntu UI Toolkit, unlocking other changes to the UITK, fixes ubports/ubuntu-ui-toolkit#28: ubports/ubuntu-ui-toolkit#31
- Update Android container pre-start script for halium-boot: ubports/lxc-android-config#21