ReactOS is a free and open-source operating system, it is based on the Windows NT architecture reflected in the best design concept. ReactOS is written entirely from scratch, it is not based on the Linux system, and does not have in common with the UNIX architecture.
The purpose of the ReactOS project is to provide a binary-compatible operating system with Windows. This allows Windows applications and drivers to function as they do on Windows systems. In addition, the Windows operating system perception is also used, so familiar with the Windows user interface will be able to use ReactOS straightforward. The ultimate goal of ReactOS is to let people use it as an alternative to Windows, without having to replace the software they are familiar with.
- MM: Some bug fixes. Also fixes were made in bugcheck code. (Hermes Belusca-Maito)
- CC: Don’t mark VACB dirty on unpin. This fixes a small performance problem. (Pierre Schweitzer)
- IO: Fixed an extra (erroneous) reference being set on the VPB. (Vadim Galyant, Pierre Schweitzer) Better explanation needed!
- IO: Implemented the PlugPlayControl.PlugPlayControlEnumerateDevice request to allow installing Intel Pro/1000 NIC drivers. (Eric Kohl)
- KE: Improvements for the Trap02 (NMI) and Trap08 (double-fault) exception handlers. This improves system stability. (Hermes Belusca-Maito)
- OB: Bug fixes and improvements. (Pierre Schweitzer) Better explanation needed!
- EX: Implemented NtQuerySystemInformation(SystemObjectSecurityMode). (Pierre Schweitzer) Better explanation needed!
- INBV: Enhanced bootscreen code and resources. (Hermes Belusca-Maito, Yaroslav Kibysh)
- Minor fixes for buffer handling. (Thomas Faber)
- FreeLoader: Always change video mode back to text-mode before starting up ReactOS. This makes /noguiboot parameter work. (Hermes Belusca-Maito)
- FreeLoader: Many improvements for Xbox/XQEMU port: (Stanislav Motylkov, Matt Borgerson)
- Fixed infinite loop when booting on Xbox/XQEMU.
- Split some hardware and BIOS specific code.
- Implemented proper partition type detection (MBR, GPT, Xbox-BRFR, and partitionless disks) and dynamically handling them. GPT and partitionless disks are not handled for now.
- Fixed remaining hwdisk and FATX bugs.