ReactOS 0.4.14 RC64 releases: free Windows-compatible Operating System
ReactOS is a free and open-source operating system, it is based on the Windows NT architecture reflected in the best design concept. ReactOS is written entirely from scratch, it is not based on the Linux system, and does not have in common with the UNIX architecture.
The purpose of the ReactOS project is to provide a binary-compatible operating system with Windows. This allows Windows applications and drivers to function as they do on Windows systems. In addition, the Windows operating system perception is also used, so familiar with the Windows user interface will be able to use ReactOS straightforward. The ultimate goal of ReactOS is to let people use it as an alternative to Windows, without having to replace the software they are familiar with.
- MM: Some structural work for sections rewrite. (Vadim Galyant)
- MM: Beginnings of work towards support for PAE. (Vadim Galyant)
- MM: Various bug fixes. (Thomas Faber)
- KE: Fixed a trap bug that can cause possible buffer overflows. (Thomas Faber)
- KE: Implemented CRT exception handling code from Wine. This especially fixes many random hangs and crashes in x64. (Timo Kreuzer)
- IO: Rewritten letter assigning to disks to make NT5-compliant. (Pierre Schweitzer)
- IO: Properly check the Ft volumes. This fixes regression that Unix drives are not assigned a drive letter. (Pierre Schweitzer)
- IO: Fixed a bug that affected classpnp driver. (Victor Perevertkin)
- IO: Fixed some possible overflows. (Thomas Faber, Timo Kreuzer)
- IO: Improved the device action worker. (Eric Kohl)
- PNP: Map device capabilities to capability flags. (Eric Kohl)
- PNP: Added a Resources Arbiter library, to be used by bus drivers (acpi, pci), kernel and legacy hal (PIC HAL). (Vadim Galyant)
- PNP: Added code to debug PNP and IO. (Vadim Galyant)
- PO: Fixed an IRP handling that causes BSoD on Xbox with USB enabled. (Thomas Faber)
- WMI: Fixed a bug that could cause kernel memory corruption. (Thomas Faber)
- KDBG: Improved cregs and tss commands. (Hermes Belusca-Maito)
- KDBG: Rewritten the TSS handling code in the backtrace function, removing limitations (and bugs) of the original code. (Hermes Belusca-Maito)
- KD: Completed debug filters support. (Hermes Belusca-Maito)
- KD: Added ComPort library for NEC PC-98. (Dmitry Borisov)
- KD/KD64: Various bug fixes. (Hermes Belusca-Maito)
- KDGDB: Various fixes and improvements. (Jerome Gardou)
- FreeLoader: Added FAT12 file system boot sector for NEC PC-98 series. This is the beginning of work for NEC PC-98 support. (Dmitry Borisov)
- FreeLoader: Fixed many IDE driver bugs on real hardware: (Dmitry Borisov)
- Properly check device signature.
- Сorrectly reset the IDE controller.
- Fixed CD-ROM sector read issues.