Apple launches iOS/iPadOS 13.4 official versions
Apple released iOS and iPadOS 13.4, the latest major update to the iOS 13 operating system released in September. To get updates, go to Settings> General> Software Update on a supported iOS device. At the same time, Apple also released iOS 12.4.6 for older iPhones, an update that adds security.
iOS and iPadOS 13.4 bring several important new features to the iPhone and iPad. Most notably, the iPad OS 13.4 update introduces mouse and trackpad support for the iPad to achieve higher accuracy and improved navigation operations. The iOS mail app has introduced a new toolbar from this version, which can be used when viewing emails, and the updated design has a more reasonable layout.
iCloud Folder Sharing is included in iOS 13.4 and is designed to let users share iCloud Drive folders with others. Last year, WWDC originally announced iCloud Folder Sharing as a feature of iOS 13, but it took Apple several months to implement it. This feature allows files to sync between the devices of everyone who has access to a particular folder.
- QuickType Keyboard now supports predictive input for Arabic.
- QuickType Keyboard now supports Live Conversion for Japanese and Chinese (Zhuyin).
- QuickType Keyboard now supports Swiss German layout for 12.9-inch iPad layout.
- 12.9-inch iPad layouts for several languages now match the hardware keyboard layouts.
- When an app requests Always authorization for the first time after having previously been authorized for While Using the App, the device immediately presents the location authorization prompt. (57106235)
- New keyboard shortcuts are available in Photos on iPadOS, which create quick navigation between Tabs, Search, and Create Albums. While in full screen mode, you can also delete, duplicate, and enter Edit mode using a keyboard. (57195967)