Microsoft has now launched Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20257, which is mainly used to fix various known problems. However, Your Phone application is now continuing to make functional improvements such as support for running multiple Android applications on the computer, and each Android application window is independent and parallel. Of course, these functions only support Samsung devices, so they don’t make much sense to most users.
The stability of the development test version may not be very good. If you are interested, it is recommended that Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20257 should not be installed directly on the main physical machine.
Changes and Improvements
- Based on feedback, we’re updating our Start menu tile theming logic such that the tile background for Win32 apps will no longer adjust based on detected contrast ratio, except in the case of pinned Microsoft Edge PWAs.
- We fixed an issue starting with Build 20236 where installing games from the Store to a secondary non-OS drive would result in the secondary drive becoming inaccessible.
- We fixed an issue causing some devices to experience a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bugcheck in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some apps crashing on launch in the previous flight, including Microsoft Jigsaw and Microsoft Minesweeper.
- We fixed an issue resulting in File Explorer having a transparent line across the top when maximized on systems with multiple monitors.
- We fixed an issue resulting in win32 app titles being unexpectedly highlighted in the title bar after enabling and disabling high contrast.
- We fixed an issue where the windows.old folder is not completely deleted when performing disk cleanup.
- We fixed an issue where if you reset your PC then and re-connected your MSA, then your MSA picture might never sync down.
- We fixed an issue impacting Windows Hello Face recognition if the device was trained in a different orientation than the orientation used at unlock time.
- We fixed an issue where setting up a kiosk (assigned access) account wouldn’t work the first time you tried, only subsequent tries.
- We fixed a deadlock that could result in unexpected CPU usage. If you continue experiencing other performance issues, please take a moment to file feedback including details about the issue you’re seeing, and a performance trace. More info about collecting a repro trace is available here if needed.
- We fixed an issue resulting in recently some apps being slower to accept keystrokes into text fields.
- We fixed an issue that could result in links from apps failing to launch the browser.
- We fixed an issue from the last couple flights that could result in audio playback unexpectedly stopping.
- We fixed an issue that could result in not hearing audio after streaming certain content then turning your Bluetooth headset off and back on.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Movies & TV failing to play some recorded HDR videos with error 0x80004001.