Earlier this week, Microsoft has released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19037 to fast and slow ring channels to fix some known issues and more. It is interesting that Microsoft is now launching a new beta version to continue to fix some issues. Perhaps, Microsoft found a serious failure in the previous version and pushed it urgently. Of course, for users using the beta version, it is best to quit the test at this time, otherwise, it may take a lot of time to affect the use.
Microsoft will soon release the Windows 10 20H2 branch beta to the Fast ring channel. The official version of this version is expected to be officially released next fall. If users still use the fast channel, they are likely to be upgraded to the next major version. If they do not want to upgrade, they can switch to the slow ring channel first. If there is no accident, the slow channel may get the official version of Windows 10 20H1 early next year.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build.This doesn’t mean we’re done…
- Windows PowerShell ISE is now a Feature on Demand (installed by default), and you will see it in the list in Optional Features Settings.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview. See this article for details.
- Some Insiders have reported when attempting to install recent builds, setup rolls back and returns error code 0xc1900101. In some cases, the update completes successfully on a subsequent attempt. If you’re experiencing the issue, please be sure to file feedback in the Feedback Hub.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 after they’re attached.
- We’ve received reports of the Optimize Drives app incorrectly reporting that optimization has never run on some devices.