Microsoft has just begun to push Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18936 (20H1) to the Fast Ring users, and this beta will continue to improve the support for “Your Phone” app. Your phone comes with a screen mirroring feature that currently only supports a few devices. With Microsoft firmware updates, more Microsoft Surfaces are currently added to the support list.
At the same time, Microsoft’s update also brings a passwordless experience to Windows 10 account login, that is, calling alternative passwords such as face recognition and fingerprint recognition.
“For improved security and a more seamless sign-in experience, you can now enable passwordless sign-in for Microsoft accounts on your Windows 10 device by going to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and selecting ‘On’ under ‘Make your device passwordless’. Enabling passwordless sign in will switch all Microsoft accounts on your Windows 10 device to modern authentication with Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, or PIN.”
- We fixed an issue that was causing failures when installing games via the Xbox app in the previous flight.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Photos live tile potentially drawing outside the bounds of the tile.
- We fixed an issue where the emoji panel would crash when high contrast was enabled.
- We updated the disk type text in Task Manager’s Performance tab to now match the size of the other subtext on that tab.
- We fixed an issue resulting in items not launching in the foreground when selected from the taskbar jump list of certain apps.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the virtual desktop thumbnail in task view not updating after moving a window to a different desktop.
- Running Windows Sandbox no longer requires Administrator privilege.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the composition string not being shown in certain apps when typing with the Japanese IME.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain apps crashing when typing with the Chinese Pinyin IME.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain games unexpectedly just showing a black screen when run in full screen mode on some devices recently.