Python is an interpreted high-level programming language for general-purpose programming. Created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991, Python has a design philosophy that emphasizes code readability, notably using significant whitespace. It provides constructs that enable clear programming on both small and large scales.
Python features a dynamic type system and automatic memory management. It supports multiple programming paradigms, including object-oriented, imperative, functional and procedural, and has a large and comprehensive standard library.
Python interpreters are available for many operating systems. CPython, the reference implementation of Python, is open source software and has a community-based development model, as do nearly all of its variant implementations. CPython is managed by the non-profit Python Software Foundation. via_Wiki
Python 3.9.0 alpha 1 is now available.
io.open_code()to open code files. Patch by Jason Killen.
- bpo-38622: Add additional audit events for the
- bpo-38418: Fixes audit event for
os.system()to be named
- bpo-38243: Escape the server title of
xmlrpc.server.DocXMLRPCServerwhen rendering the document page as HTML. (Contributed by Dong-hee Na in bpo-38243.)
- bpo-38174: Update vendorized expat library version to 2.2.8, which resolves CVE-2019-15903.
- bpo-37764: Fixes email._header_value_parser.get_unstructured going into an infinite loop for a specific case in which the email header does not have trailing whitespace, and the case in which it contains an invalid encoded word. Patch by Ashwin Ramaswami.
- bpo-37461: Fix an infinite loop when parsing specially crafted email headers. Patch by Abhilash Raj.
- bpo-37363: Adds audit events for the range of supported run commands (see Command line and environment).
- bpo-37463: ssl.match_hostname() no longer accepts IPv4 addresses with additional text after the address and only quad-dotted notation without trailing whitespaces. Some inet_aton() implementations ignore whitespace and all data after whitespace, e.g. ‘127.0.0.1 whatever’.
- bpo-37363: Adds audit events for
webbrowser, as well as
io.open_code()is now used when reading
- bpo-34631: Updated OpenSSL to 1.1.1c in Windows installer
- bpo-34155: Fix parsing of invalid email addresses with more than one
@(e.g. a@email@example.com.) to not return the part before 2nd
@as valid email address. Patch by maxking & jpic.