Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18890 Releases
Microsoft today pushed Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18890 to Insider testers of the Fast Ring. As part of the 20H1 development branch, Microsoft merged part of the Skip Ahead channel into the Fast Ring channel last month. This means that the Insider testers of both channels now receive the same compiled version.
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18890 brings us the following improvements and fixes:
- We fixed a hang in the audio service when checking whether a machine was licensed to use spatial audio.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the desktop being unexpectedly slow to refresh (if you right-click the desktop and select Refresh or press F5).
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to access network shares if you booted into Safe Mode with Networking.
- We fixed an issue where hardware keyboard text predictions wouldn’t appear (if enabled) when the es-US keyboard was active.
- We fixed an issue that could result in cumulative updates potentially failing with error 0x800f0982 if a language pack update was happening at the same time.
- Thank you for all of the feedback you provided on Friendly Dates in File Explorer. At this time, we’ve decided not to roll out Friendly Dates to users as part of the 19H1 release. Insiders will see this option go away starting today, regardless of build number.