The early morning news on August 9th, Microsoft this morning launched a new Windows 10 preview for Fast Channel’s Insider members, Build 17733, which is part of the RedStone 5 branch. The biggest highlight of this update is to bring the original “night theme” to the resource manager, the effect is as follows:
Since RS5 has entered the RS5_RELEASE compilation phase, the functional outline is basically finalized, and the main focus now is on stability improvement and bug fix. For example, 17733 fixes the flashing of the notification bar with the progress bar and resets the Win10 part of the device to reset the sound after the new login.
- Dark Theme in File Explorer
- Thanks, everyone for your feedback about the XAML shadows we added recently. We’re taking them offline for the moment while we work on addressing some of the things you shared with us. You will also notice that the acrylic has been removed from some popup controls. They will be back in a future flight.
- We fixed an issue from recently flights where the touch keyboard might become invisible on the screen.
- We fixed an issue in recent flights where components of a notification with a progress bar (like the one when using nearby sharing) might flash every time the progress bar updated.
- We fixed an issue where on certain devices if you reset your device and chose to keep files, after logging back into Windows the Sound Settings page would be unresponsive.
- We fixed the issue where the High Contrast dropdown flashed when the values were changed.