VLC Media Player 3.0.12 releases: native support for Apple Silicon
VLC media player is a free and open-source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming. It supports many new devices inputs, formats, metadata, and improves most of the current ones, preparing for the next-gen codecs.
- Fast – Hardware Decoding – VLC has hardware decoding on most platforms. It supports 0-copy on the GPU and can fallback on software when required.
- Plays all formats
Advanced control – VLC has the most complete feature-set over the video, subtitle synchronisation, video and audio filters.
The multimedia player VLC 3.0.12 was released.
* Add new RIST access module compliant with simple profile (VSF_TR-06-1)
* Add new RIST access output module compliant with simple profile (VSF_TR-06-1)
* Fixed adaptive’s handling of resolution settings
* Improve Bluray tracks support
* Improve WMV seeking and DASH support
* Fix crashes in AVI, MKV modules
* Fix audio distortion on macOS during start of playback
* Direct3D11: Fix some potential crashes when using video filters
* Add native support for Apple Silicon / ARM-64
* Visual UI adaptations for macOS Big Sur
* Fix displaying EQ bands in the UI depending on which frequency
presets are set for the EQ in advanced preferences
* Fix UI issues in bookmarks window
* Several fixes in the web interface, including privacy and security
* Update YouTube and Vocaroo scripts
* Fix rotation filter mouse handling
* Update translations