Visual Studio Code 1.17 released, and worthy of attention to the improvements include:
- Support macOS Touch Bar – can use the Touch Bar for navigation and debug
- Improved source folding – Collapse regions markers and off-side language blocks.
- Increased integration of terminal performance – terminal rendering speed increased by 45 times
- Encourage automatic import when encoding – see module and path import suggestions while coding.
- Debug time to show source location – Easily navigate from the Debug Console to the source code.
- Colorization of regular expressions and formatted strings – Helps with parsing and identifying errors.
- Improved support for multiple SCMs – New UI to view changes in multiple source control repositories.
- New online documentation – Java language, ‘Tips and Tricks’, and Debugging Recipes topics.
- Preview: support multiple root workspace – No reload on workspace updates, combined view of flights tasks
- Help support for multiple root workspaces – To help extenders be ready for multi-root workspaces.
Some new features preview:
1. Touch Bar support
Better macOS native window Tab support:
Better – wait support
The new integrated terminal’s rendering engine
Display source when debugging:
Regular expression and formatted color display of the string: