VirtualBox is Oracle’s multi-platform open source virtualization software, support GNU / Linux, Windows, macOS and Solaris and other systems. Today, the company suddenly announced the official version of VirtualBox 5.2, based on the recent on-line Qt5 technology to bring a more modern general user interface, in addition to a number of useful features to help virtualization tasks. One of the most noteworthy new features is the ability to fully export and store virtual hosts to the cloud.
In the new version, Oracle allows users to export virtual hosts to Oracle Cloud (OPC) public cloud services, allowing users to easily deploy virtual hosts on multiple VirtualBox installation instances. Users no longer need to export the virtual host to the mobile hard disk, and then migrated to other computers, only need to download from the Oracle Cloud can easily complete.
VirtualBox 5.2.8 official release.
- Support for FSGSBASE, PCID, INVPCID CPU features for guests
- Improved auto-resizing of windows on HiDPI screens
- Fix for a seamless integration mode regression
- Fix for a crash in New machine wizard
- Ability to distinguish recording sources when multiple VMs are running
- Improvements to DirectSound backend
- Better file seeking support of recorded files in Firefox
- HDA emulation in Windows guests
- Linux 4.15 support
- Fix for black screen when 3D enabled in Linux guests
- Suppress setuid, setgid in shared folders on Linux guests