A Node.js tool to automate end-to-end web testing. Write tests in JS or TypeScript, run them and view results
It is responsible for all phases: start the browser, run the test, collect test results and generate reports. TestCafe does not require a browser plugin, it is out of the box in all popular modern browsers.
- Stable tests and no manual timeouts
TestCafe automatically waits for page loads and XHRs before the test starts and after each action. It also features smart test actions and assertions that wait for page elements to appear. You can change the maximum wait time. If elements load faster, tests skip the timeout and continue.
- Rapid test development tool
Changes in test code immediately restart the test, and you see the results instantly.
See how it works in the TestCafe Live repository.
- Latest JS and TypeScript support
- Detects JS errors in your code
TestCafe reports JS errors that it finds on the webpage. Tests automatically fail because of that. However, you can disable this.
- Concurrent tests launch
TestCafe can open multiple instances of the same browser to run parallel tests which decreases test execution time.
- PageObject pattern support
The TestCafe’s Test API includes a high-level selector library, assertions, etc. You can combine them to implement readable tests with the PageObject pattern.
const macOSInput = Selector(‘.column‘).find(‘label‘).withText(‘MacOS‘).child(‘input‘);
- Easy to include in a continuous integration system
You can run TestCafe from a console, and its reports can be viewed in a CI system’s interface (TeamCity, Jenkins, Travis & etc.)
- TestCafe now throws an error if the specified TypeScript configuration file does not exist (#3991)
- TypeScript compilation time has been reduced for a large number of files (#4010)
- Expressions with the
+=operator are now expanded only when required (testcafe-hammerhead/#2029)
- Parentheses around the
awaitexpression are now preserved in the processed scripts (testcafe-hammerhead/#2072)
- Fixed a compatibility issue with Firefox 68 that prevented text selection (testcafe-hammerhead/#2071)