The Spring Framework provides a comprehensive programming and configuration model for modern Java-based enterprise applications – on any kind of deployment platform.
A key element of Spring is infrastructural support at the application level: Spring focuses on the “plumbing” of enterprise applications so that teams can focus on application-level business logic, without unnecessary ties to specific deployment environments.
- Core technologies: dependency injection, events, resources, i18n, validation, data binding, type conversion, SpEL, AOP.
- Testing: mock objects, TestContext framework, Spring MVC Test,
- Data Access: transactions, DAO support, JDBC, ORM, Marshalling XML.
- Spring MVC and Spring WebFlux web frameworks.
- Integration: remoting, JMS, JCA, JMX, email, tasks, scheduling, cache.
- Languages: Kotlin, Groovy, dynamic languages.
Changelog v5.2 RC2
⭐️ New Features
- Invalid partial content requests possible with start byte = resource-byte-count #23576
- Support invoking static methods with ReflectionTestUtils.invokeMethod() #23504
- Detect ClientHttpConnector to use by checking classpath #23493
- Remove statusCode state from ContentCachingResponseWrapper #23490
- Fix “array index out of bounds” problem reported by LGTM.com #23485
- Explicit attribute overrides configured via
@AliasFornot supported for components picked up via component scanning #23402
- Provide a way to predict bean types without initializing FactoryBeans #23374
- Pre-allocate NoTransactionException in TransactionContextManager #23360
- Use System.nanoTime() instead of System.currentTimeMillis() in StopWatch #23235
- Correct encoding and decoding of “message/x.rsocket.routing.v0” #23137
- Add support for Coroutines transactions #22915
🐞 Bug Fixes
- Cannot use relative path following placeholder in
- Spring Webflux 5.2.0.M2 – Kotlin coroutines – ServerRequest.awaitPrincipal always null #22986
- Fix typos related to indefinite articles #23555
- Adding Kotlin code examples to Testing documentation. #23545
@sincefor getCacheFilter and setCacheFilter #23519
- Wiki build instructions for local Maven repo are outdated #23517
- Fix unmatched parenthesis in the documentation of ContextHierarchy #23487
- Modify the javadoc of
- Kotlin examples in Spring Core docs should use extension functions with reified types #23456
- Improve language-switch CSS #23454
- Fix data access documentation typo #23450
- Fix / in Javadoc #23439
- Reference documentation for ContextClosedEvent is misleading #23436
- Reference documentation for
@Autowired‘s required attribute is misleading #23428
- Provide code samples in Kotlin in addition to Java [SPR-17245] #21778
🔨 Dependency Upgrades