Samsung: mobile phones released since 2019 will receive four-year system security updates
Samsung announced that all its mobile phones and tablets released in 2019 and beyond will receive system security updates for up to four years. As long as the regulations are met, any purchase will be counted from the product launch date and enjoy four years of security updates.
This update policy is that within the first two years of product release, Samsung will provide monthly security updates for mobile phones or tablets. Starting from the third year, Samsung will provide security updates for mobile phones or tablets every quarter. Until the end of the fourth year.
By extending support for security updates delivered on a monthly or quarterly basis1, Samsung is giving users peace of mind knowing their data is protected for as long as they use their Galaxy device.
Eligible Galaxy Devices Include:3
- Galaxy Foldable devices: Fold, Z Fold2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy S series: S10, S10+, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20 5G, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note series: Note10, Note10+, Note10+ 5G, Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy A series: A10e, A20, A50, A11, A21, A51, A51 5G, A71 5G
- Galaxy XCover series: XCover FieldPro, XCover Pro
- Galaxy Tab series: Tab Active Pro, Tab Active3, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7, Tab S7+