Rsyslog is a rocket-fast system for log processing.
It offers high-performance, great security features, and a modular design. While it started as a regular syslogd, rsyslog has evolved into a kind of swiss army knife of logging, being able to accept inputs from a wide variety of sources, transform them, and output to the results to diverse destinations.
Rsyslog can deliver over one million messages per second to local destinations when limited processing is applied (based on v7, December 2013). Even with remote destinations and more elaborate processing the performance is usually considered “stunning”.
rsyslog 8.34.0 released. This is a big release in recent years, providing many new features, the most important is to improve the quality of the software.
- Rsyslog script: It is now possible to extend with loadable modules.
- Omelasticsearch: Add support for CA authentication, client authentication, and authorization
- Bugfix / omkafka: Not built on platforms without atomic operations
- Bugfix / core / ratelimiting: SystemLogRateLimitBurst is limited to 65535
- Bugfix imfile: memory leak in readMode 0
- Bugfix testbench: Some tests did not execute