Redash v10.1 releases: open source data chart tool

Redash is our take on freeing the data within our company in a way that will better fit our culture and usage patterns.

Prior to Redash, we tried to use traditional BI suites and discovered a set of bloated, technically challenged and slow tools/flows. What we were looking for was a more hacker’ ish way to look at data, so we built one.

Redash was built to allow fast and easy access to billions of records, that we process and collect using Amazon Redshift (“petabyte-scale data warehouse” that “speaks” PostgreSQL). Today Redash has support for querying multiple databases, including Redshift, Google BigQuery, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Graphite, Presto, Google Spreadsheets, Cloudera Impala, Hive and custom scripts.

Redash consists of two parts:

  1. Query Editor: think of JS Fiddle for SQL queries. It’s your way to share data in the organization in an open way, by sharing both the dataset and the query that generated it. This way everyone can peer review not only the resulting dataset but also the process that generated it. Also, it’s possible to fork it and generate new datasets and reach new insights.
  2. Dashboards/Visualizations: once you have a dataset, you can create different visualizations out of it, and then combine several visualizations into a single dashboard. Currently, it supports charts, pivot table, and cohorts.

Redash v10.1 has been released.


This release includes patches for three security vulnerabilities:

  • Insecure default configuration affects installations where REDASH_COOKIE_SECRET is not set explicitly (CVE-2021-41192)
  • SSRF vulnerability affects installations that enabled URL-loading data sources (CVE-2021-43780)
  • Incorrect usage of state parameter in OAuth client code affects installations where Google Login is enabled (CVE-2021-43777)

And a couple features that didn’t merge in time for 10.0.0

  • Big Query: Speed up schema loading (#5632)
  • Add support for Firebolt data source (#5606)
  • Fix: Loading schema for Sqlite DB with “Order” column name fails (#5623)