Requests allows you to send organic, grass-fed HTTP/1.1 requests, without the need for manual labor. There’s no need to manually add query strings to your URLs or to form-encode your POST data. Keep-alive and HTTP connection pooling are 100% automatic, thanks to urllib3.
Besides, all the cool kids are doing it. Requests is one of the most downloaded Python packages of all time, pulling in over 11,000,000 downloads every month. You don’t want to be left out!
Requests is ready for today’s web.
- International Domains and URLs
- Keep-Alive & Connection Pooling
- Sessions with Cookie Persistence
- Browser-style SSL Verification
- Basic/Digest Authentication
- Elegant Key/Value Cookies
- Automatic Decompression
- Automatic Content Decoding
- Unicode Response Bodies
- Multipart File Uploads
- HTTP(S) Proxy Support
- Connection Timeouts
- Streaming Downloads
- Chunked Requests
- Remove defunct reference to
- Requests no longer outputs password in basic auth usage warning. (#5099)
- Pinning for
idnanow uses major version instead of minor. This hopefully reduces the need for releases everytime a dependency is updated.