Puppy Linux 7.5 officially released, code-named Xenialpup
Puppy Linux team announced the official release of Puppylinux 7.5, code-named Xenialpup!
Puppy Linux is a very small Linux distribution, and the whole system runs in memory, lightning fast, very flexible and fun! It has everything a novice needs while allowing experienced users full control over it.
It is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions and can be started on a computer that supports BIOS and UEFI. The 32-bit version uses Kernel 4.4.95-noPAE for better compatibility with older hardware; the 64-bit version uses Kernel 4.9.58, which is modern hardware-friendly.
- JWM Window Manager and ROX File Manager.
- Palemoon browser and Claws mail client.
- FTP, Torrent and Chat applications.
- MPV media player, Simple Screen Recorder, and Deadbeef audio player.
- Abiword word processor and Gnumeric Spread worksheet application.
- Vector and drawing application.
- Samba file sharing, CUPS printing, and CD / DVD utilities.
- Quickpet, a tool that makes it easy to install the most popular applications, update operating systems, and fix bugs.
- Many Puppy Linux-specific applications, such as Pburn, Uextract, Packit, Change_kernels, JWMdesk, YASSM, Pclock, SimpleGTKradio, and many other new and useful applications.