PostgreSQL Global Development announced today that the first candidate version of PostgreSQL 10 is now available for download. As a release candidate, it fixes the problems found during the test. PostgreSQL 10 RC 1 needs to be upgraded from Beta 4, but can also be done using pg_dump / pg_restore or pg_upgrade.
- Add psql variables showing server version and psql version.
- Several fixes for partitioning
- Several fixes for logical replication
- Several fixes for transition tables
- Fix for query that could end up in an uninterruptible state
This is only the first candidate version, PostgreSQL will continue to release the candidate version until the problem is resolved to release the final version.
See the release notes for complete contents.
- Downloads Page
- Beta Testing Information
- PostgreSQL 10 RC 1 Release Notes
- What’s New in 10
- PostgreSQL 10 Open Items