Notepad++ is a free source code editor which supports several programming languages running under the MS Windows environment.
This project, based on Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component) is written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Multi-Document Tabs
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag N’ Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
- Fix accented characters in ANSI files not found in “find in files” and “replace in files” commands issues.
- Add an option to improve rendering special Unicode characters by using Scintilla’s DirectWrite technology.
- Fix URL invisible issue in dark themes.
- Fix the focus not on the opening new file issue.
- Fix Workspace (Project panel), Folder As Workspace and function list keep focus issue after double clicking an item.
- Add Ctrl+Backspace ability to delete word for comboboxes in Find/Replace dialog.
- Add ability to find-all in selected text.
- Fix wrong treatment of backslashes as escape sequences in autocompletion.
- Enhance “Remove Empty Lines” command: Allow scope to be limited by an active selection.
- Fix loading of project & session files by drag & drop not working issue.
- Fix block selection cursor wrong positions after typing TAB.
- Add confirmation prompt to “Replace all in all opened documents” command to avoid PBKAC.