The Node.js project maintains multiple types of releases:
- Current: Released from active development branches of this repository, versioned by SemVer and signed by a member of the Release Team. Code for Current releases is organized in this repository by major version number. For example v4.x. The major version number of Current releases will increment every 6 months allowing for breaking changes to be introduced. This happens in April and October every year. Current release lines beginning in October each year have a maximum support life of 8 months. Current release lines beginning in April each year will convert to LTS (see below) after 6 months and receive further support for 30 months.
- LTS: Releases that receive Long-term Support, with a focus on stability and security. Every second Current release line (major version) will become an LTS line and receive 18 months of Active LTS support and a further 12 months of Maintenance. LTS release lines are given alphabetically ordered codenames, beginning with v4 Argon. LTS releases are less frequent and will attempt to maintain consistent major and minor version numbers, only incrementing patch version numbers. There are no breaking changes or feature additions, except in some special circumstances.
- Nightly: Versions of code in this repository on the current Current branch, automatically built every 24-hours where changes exist. Use with caution.
Node.js v12.9 releases.
- Added an oaepHash option to asymmetric encryption which allows users to specify a hash function when using OAEP padding (Tobias Nießen) #28335.
- Updated V8 to 7.6.303.29 (Michaël Zasso) #28955.
- Updated libuv to 1.31.0 (cjihrig) #29070.
UV_FS_O_FILEMAPhas been added for faster access to memory mapped files on Windows.
UV_EINVALfor invalid filenames on Windows. It previously returned
uv_fs_statfs()API has been added.
uv_os_free_environ()APIs have been added.
- Added three properties to