Netdata is distributed, real-time, performance and health monitoring for systems and applications. It is a highly optimized monitoring agent you install on all your systems and containers.
Netdata provides unparalleled insights, in real-time, of everything happening on the systems it runs (including web servers, databases, applications), using highly interactive web dashboards. It can run autonomously, without any third party components, or it can be integrated to existing monitoring tool chains (Prometheus, Graphite, OpenTSDB, Kafka, Grafana, etc).
Netdata is fast and efficient, designed to permanently run on all systems (physical & virtual servers, containers, IoT devices), without disrupting their core function.
Netdata is free, open-source software and it currently runs on Linux, FreeBSD, and MacOS.
Release v1.18.1 contains 17 bug fixes, 5 improvements, and 5 documentation updates.
At a glance
Patch release 1.18.1 contains several bug fixes, mainly related to FreeBSD and the binary package generation process.
Netdata can now send notifications to Google Hangouts Chat!
On certain systems, the
slabinfoplugin introduced in v1.18.0 added thousands of new metrics. We decided the collector’s usefulness to most users didn’t justify the increase in resource requirements. This release disables the collector by default.
Finally, we added a chart under Netdata Monitoring to present a better view of the RAM used by the database engine (dbengine). The chart doesn’t currently take into consideration the RAM used for slave nodes, so we intend to add more related charts in the future.
slabinfoplugin by default to reduce the total number of metrics collected #7056 (vlvkobal)
- Add dbengine RAM usage statistics #7038 (mfundul)
- Support Google Hangouts chat notifications #7013 (hendrikhofstadt)
- Add CMocka unit tests #6985 (vlvkobal)
- Add prerequisites to enable automatic updates for installations via the static binary (
kickstart-static64.sh) #7060 (knatsakis)
- Fix typo in health_alarm_notify.conf #7062 (sz4bi)
- Fix BSD/pfSense documentation #7041 (thiagoftsm)
- Document the structure of the
api/v1/dataAPI responses. #7012 (amoss)
- Tutorials to support v1.18 features #6993 (joelhans)
- Fix broken links in docs #7123 (joelhans)
- Fix unbound collector timings: Convert recursion timings to milliseconds. #7121 (Ferroin)
- Fix unbound collector unhandled exceptions #7112 (ilyam8)
- Fix upgrade path from v1.17.1 to v1.18.x for deb packages #7118 (knatsakis)
- Fix CPU charts in apps plugin on FreeBSD #7115 (vlvkobal)
- Fix megacli collector binary search and sudo check #7108 (ilyam8)
- Fix missing packages, by running the triggers for DEB and RPM package build in separate stages #7105 (knatsakis)
- Fix segmentation fault in FreeBSD when statsd is disabled #7102 (vlvkobal)
- Fix Clang warnings #7090 (thiagoftsm)
- Fix python.d error logging: change chart suppress msg level from ERROR to INFO #7085 (ilyam8)
- Fix freeipmi update frequency check: was warning that 5 was too frequent and it was setting it to 5. #7078 (stevenh)
- Fix alarm configurations not getting loaded, via better handling of chart names with special characters #7069 (thiagoftsm)
- Fix dbengine not working when
mmapfails – mostly with BSD kernels #7065 (mfundul)
- Fix FreeBSD issue due to incorrect size of a zeroed block #7061 (vlvkobal)
- Don’t write HTTP response 204 messages to the logs #7035 (vlvkobal)
- Fix build when CMocka isn’t installed #7129 (vlvkobal)
- FreeBSD plugin: Add VMware VMXNET3 driver to the default interfaces list #7109 (samm-git)
- Prevent zombie processes when a child is re-parented to netdata when its running in a container , by adding child process reaper #7059 (stevenh)