MongoDB is a product between a relational database and a non-relational database. It is the richest and most relational database among non-relational databases. The data structure he supports is very loose, a json-like bjson format, so you can store more complex data types. The biggest feature of Mongo is that he supports a very powerful query language, the syntax is somewhat similar to the object-oriented query language, almost most of the functions of a single table query similar to relational databases, but also supports the indexing of data.
- Fast, Iterative Development. Scope creep and changing business requirements no longer stand between you and successful project delivery. A flexible data model coupled with dynamic schema and idiomatic drivers make it fast for developers to build and evolve applications. Automated provisioning and management enable continuous integration and highly productive operations. Contrast this against static relational schemas and complex operations that have hindered you in the past.
- Flexible Data Model. MongoDB’s document data model makes it easy for you to store and combine data of any structure, without giving up sophisticated validation rules, data access and rich indexing functionality. You can dynamically modify the schema without downtime. You spend less time prepping your data for the database, and more time putting your data to work.
- Multi-Datacenter Scalability. MongoDB can be scaled within and across geographically distributed data centers, providing new levels of availability and scalability. As your deployments grow in terms of data volume and throughput, MongoDB scales easily with no downtime, and without changing your application. And as your availability and recovery goals evolve, MongoDB lets you adapt flexibly, across data centers, with tunable consistency.
- Integrated Feature Set. Analytics and data visualization, text search, graph processing, geospatial, in-memory performance and global replication allow you to deliver a wide variety of real-time applications on one technology, reliably and securely. RDBMS systems require additional, complex technologies demanding separate integration overhead and expense to do this well.
- Lower TCO. Application development teams are more productive when they use MongoDB. Single click management means operations teams are as well. MongoDB runs on commodity hardware, dramatically lowering costs. Finally, MongoDB offers affordable annual subscriptions, including 24x7x365 global support. Your applications can be one-tenth the cost to deliver compared to using a relational database.
- Long-Term Commitment. MongoDB Inc and the MongoDB ecosystem stand behind the world’s fastest-growing database. 30M+ downloads, 4,300+ customers including more than 50% of the Fortune 100 and over 1,000 partners. You can be sure your investment is protected.
MongoDB 4.1.0 and 3.6.5 has been released.
- SERVER-34746: Segmentation fault when shard is started with –shardsvr before being added to a shard
- SERVER-34423: collMod interruption may cause invariant failure
- SERVER-34390: MongoDB binaries for macOS support TLS 1.2.
- SERVER-29463: Platform Support: add Debian 9 “stretch”
- SERVER-34399: $changeStream with invalid resume token crashes the server.
- All JIRA issues closed in 3.6.5