MariaDB database management system is a branch of MySQL, mainly by the open source community in the maintenance, using GPL license MariaDB is designed to be fully compatible with MySQL, including API and command line.
- Instant ADD COLUMN (MDEV-11369) – thanks to TenCent for the inspiration
- UPDATE statements with the same source and target (MDEV-12874) – from Jerome Brauge
- ORDER BY and LIMIT in multi-table update (MDEV-13911)
- DATE_FORMAT(date, format, locale) – 3 argument form of DATE_FORMAT (MDEV-11553)
- Temporary files created by merge sort and row log are encrypted if innodb_encrypt_log is set to
1, regardless of whether the table encrypted or not (MDEV-12634).
The following deprecated variables have been removed: