Recently, the LineageOS team released LineageOS 17.1 based on the Android 10 system. This version supports all devices that have been officially supported by LineageOS. This is the first version of LineageOS based on the Android 10 system released by Google last year.
Since this version is based on the first update received by Pixel released last December, it was named LineageOS 17.1. LineageOS 17.1 adds a lot of functions and hardware support, and currently supports hardware and functions such as screen fingerprint recognition, pop-up camera, Wi-Fi Display, etc. At the same time, the default launcher Trebuchet Launcher can also use biometrics to hide or encrypt applications.
Theme modification application ThemePicker can currently modify the theme color, system font, icon shape from the system level.
LineageOS 17.1 brings over several new features to the ROM family:
- New partial screenshot UI that lets you hand-select smaller parts of your screen and edit the screenshots.
- New adapted ThemePicker app from AOSP, with support for the usual range of accents, font change, icon (both QuickSettings, and Launcher) shape, and icon resource changes (eg. changing the shape of the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth icons).
- Use fingerprint sensor to hide and protect apps within Trebuchet Launcher
- Merge October, November, December 2019, January 2020, February 2020, and March 2020 security patches.
- Wi-Fi Display is available once again.
- Support for on-screen fingerprint sensors (FOD) added.
- Support for pop-up and rotating cameras added.
- WebView updated to Chromium 80.0.3987.132.
- ROM is currently based on AOSP’s android-10.0.0_r31 tag, which is the Pixel 4/4 XL’s tag.
In the future, Lineage Recovery will also become the default Recovery for all devices officially supported by LineageOS. At present, the LineageOS team officially supports more than 20 devices, including familiar devices such as the Galaxy S4, LG G2, OnePlus 3 / 3T, Razer Phone, and Moto G7.