KeePass is a free open source password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key file. So you only have to remember one single master password or select the key file to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES and Twofish).
- Strong Security
- Multiple User Keys
- Portable and No Installation Required, Accessibility
- Export To TXT, HTML, XML and CSV Files
- Import From Many File Formats
- Easy Database Transfer
- Support of Password Groups
- Time Fields and Entry Attachments
- Auto-Type, Global Auto-Type Hot Key and Drag&Drop
- Intuitive and Secure Clipboard Handling
- Searching and Sorting
- Multi-Language Support
- Strong Random Password Generator
- Plugin Architecture
- Open Source!
KeePass 1.37 has been released. It is recommended to upgrade from any previous 1.x version to 1.37. KeePass 1.37 is 100% backward compatible with previous versions.
- Added option ‘Do not store data in the Windows clipboard history and the cloud clipboard’ (the option is turned on by default; for entry clipboard commands in the main window).
- Enhanced installer (added user directory checks, the plugins web page option can be translated now, …).
- In order to avoid selection/Ctrl+A problems, the user name auto-completion now does not append suggestions anymore; it only shows a list of suggestions (in which a suggestion can be selected manually).
- Improved reliability of clipboard operations.
- The data for the ‘Clipboard Viewer Ignore’ clipboard format is now stored in UTF-16 on Windows 2000 and higher.
- Moved the option ‘Clear clipboard when closing/locking the database’ from the ‘Advanced’ tab to the ‘Memory’ tab.
- Upgraded to Boost libraries version 1.69.0.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.