the launch of the Core i9-13900KS processor. According to Intel, this is the world’s fastest desktop processor, and out of the box, it provides a maximum turbo frequency of up to 6GHz. It is the first processor in the PC to break through this frequency, which can provide players with a first-class gaming and creative experience.
On Jan. 12, 2023, Intel announced full details and availability for the new 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS. A photo shows the 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition retail packaging. (Credit: Intel Corporation)
The Core i9-13900KS
uses the best Raptor Lake-S processor. Like the Core i9-13900K, it has 8 P-Cores and 16 E-Cores, with a total of 24 cores and 32 threads. The base frequency of the P-Core has been increased from 3.0GHz to 3.2GHz, and the maximum frequency has been increased from 5.8GHz to 6GHz. Its PL1 has been increased from 125W to 150W, and PL2 has remained unchanged at 253W.
Key features and functions of the Core i9-13900KS processor include:
- Up to 6.0 GHz max turbo frequency with Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost – the first CPU in the PC industry to reach 6.0 GHz without overclocking.
- Intel® Adaptive Boost Technology for improved gaming performance by opportunistically allowing higher multicore turbo frequencies.
- 24 cores (eight Performance-cores and 16 Efficient-cores), 32 threads, 150W processor base power, 36MB Intel Smart Cache and a total of 20 PCIe lanes (16 PCIe 5.0 and four PCIe 4.0 lanes).
- Up to DDR5 5600 MT/s and DDR4 3200 MT/s support.
- Compatible with Z790 and Z690 motherboards, with the latest BIOS recommended for the best gaming and content creation experience.
The Core i9-13900KS processor is already on the market, and the recommended price for customers is $699. There will be a boxed version available to global retailers, and it will also appear in the systems of Intel channels and OEM partners.