Google has suddenly pushed the Android 11 developer preview system to Android developers. This version is available for Google Pixel 2, Pixel 3, and Pixel 4.
It has been about a month and a half since Google first pushed the Android 11 developer preview system. The update frequency of this preview system is still quite high, about once every two weeks.
The released version is Android 11 Developer Preview 2.1. The update log does not mention that this version has new features, all of which are bug fixes.
This minor update to Android 11 Developer Preview 2 includes the following fixes and changes:
- Fixed an issue where a crash would occur when long pressing to select an element within the recent apps overview.
- Fixed an issue where the status bar could crash in the background if its components weren’t all initialized yet.
- Fixed an issue where too many WindowTokens were created by SystemUI causing jankiness and dropped frames when navigating and scrolling apps.
- Fixed an issue where the Wear OS app could crash when trying to pair a Wear OS device.
- Fixed an issue where the Settings app could crash after tapping the search bar in the app.