FreeBSD is a UNIX-like operating systems, and it has issued a number of “4.4BSD-Lite2” enhanced, i386-oriented, amd64, IA-64, arm based at the University of California at Berkeley, “4.4BSD-Lite”, MIPS, powerpc, ppc64, PC -98, UltraSPARC platforms. It also indirectly based on “386BSD”, which was William Jolitz of “Net / 2” to the i386 system, transplanted the University of California at Berkeley, although now only a few of the code remain. FreeBSD is used in their work, education, entertainment companies around the world, Internet service providers, researchers, computer scientists, students, home users and so on. FreeBSD with more than 20,000 software packages that are pre-compiled and packaged well, easy to install the software, and covers a broad application areas: server software, databases and web servers, desktop software, games, Web browser and business software , and all this free and easy to install.
FreeBSD 10.4-beta4 released. The main updates are as follows:
- The igb(4) driver now handles received packets whose EtherType protocols are unsupported or for which support has not been compiled in gracefully instead of triggering a panic.
- A crash of date(1) that could be triggered by passing invalid time has been corrected.
- The file(1) utility received a fix for CVE-2017-1000249.
- A bug in ipfilter(4) preventing NATed MTU discovery to work has been addressed.
- Mellanox ConnectX-4 series adapters are now supported by the newly added mlx5ib(4) driver.
- OpenSSH received an update to version 7.3p1.