It began in 2013 as the framework on which Atom, GitHub’s hackable text editor, would be built. The two were open sourced in the Spring of 2014.
It has since become a popular tool used by open source developers, startups, and established companies.
Electron v7.1.1 was released. The main updates for this release include:
backgroundThrottling: falsenot having an effect. #21013
- Fixed broken
globalShortcut.registerAll()on Windows and Linux. #20983
- Fixed crash on exit in aura platforms with webview. #21022
- Fixed exiting HTML fullscreen for cross-origin iframes (e.g. YouTube) while in macOS fullscreen. #21021
- Fixed improper label internationalization for the
- Fixed issue where
app.setAppLogsPathdid not work when you provided a valid path. #21008
- Fixed webrequest api typings. #21038
- Updated Chromium to 78.0.3904.99. #21033