It began in 2013 as the framework on which Atom, GitHub’s hackable text editor, would be built. The two were open sourced in the Spring of 2014.
It has since become a popular tool used by open source developers, startups, and established companies.
Electron v10.3 was released. The main updates for this release include:
- Fixed a memory leak in desktopCapturer.getSources. #27057 (Also in 11, 12)
- Fixed an issue where BrowserViews couldn’t be effectively reparented. #27220 (Also in 11, 12)
- Fixed an issue where SIGINT was improperly handled in Node.js processes. #26970 (Also in 11, 12)
- Fixed an issue where draggable regions did not work exclusively on BrowserViews on Windows. #27222 (Also in 11, 12)
- Fixed an issue where non-draggable regions on BrowserViews could have incorrectly calculated bounds. #27185 (Also in 11, 12)
- Fixed an issue with audio not playing in HTML video elements. #26963
- Security: backported fix for 1147431, 1144462. #26953
- Security: backported fix for chromium:1123035. #26956