It began in 2013 as the framework on which Atom, GitHub’s hackable text editor, would be built. The two were open sourced in the Spring of 2014.
It has since become a popular tool used by open source developers, startups, and established companies.
Electron v7.1.9 was released. The main updates for this release include:
- Fixed a crash in contextBridge that happens on garbage collection. #21736
- Fixed a crash that would occur when Notifications were closed in concert with app termination. #21719
- Fixed an issue that could cause frameless windows to become undraggable in some circumstances. #21723
- Fixed an issue that could prevent communication between a sandboxed child window opened with
nativeWindowOpen: falseand an unsandboxed parent window. Also fixed
document.visibilityStatenot working in sandboxed
- Fixed an issue with potential duplicate error popups when calling
shell.showItemInFolderon Windows. #21749
- Fixed white flash when foregrounding an occluded window. #21750
- Documentation changes: #21742