It began in 2013 as the framework on which Atom, GitHub’s hackable text editor, would be built. The two were open sourced in the Spring of 2014.
It has since become a popular tool used by open source developers, startups, and established companies.
Electron v9.3.5 was released. The main updates for this release include:
render-process-goneevent dispatch. #26576
LC_ALLenvironment variable getting changed in Electron. #26508 (Also in 10, 11)
- Fixed debug.log files being created under working directory on windows. #26267 (Also in 10)
- Fixed draggable regions stops working when devtools is opened on macOS. #26506 (Also in 10, 11)
- Backported the fix to CVE-2020-16017: Browser UAF when detaching a provisional frame. #26477
- Fixed value of
getSystemVersion()on Big Sur. #26430
- Security: backported fix for 1143772. #26400
- Security: backported fix for 1144489. #26397
- Security: backported fix for chromium:1133527. #26412
- Security: backported fix for chromium:1137608. #26409
- Security: backported fix for chromium:1139398. #26406