Making Upgrades Easier
- No Downtime Upgrades
- Search Across Multiple Elasticsearch Clusters
- Migration Assistant
Resilience and Efficiency
- Faster Restarts and Recoveries with Sequence IDs
- Major Improvements for Sparsely Populated Fields
- Faster Query Times with Sorted Indices
Searches across many shards have been made more scalable by adding:
- A fast pre-check phase which can immediately exclude any shards that can’t possibly match the query.
- Batched reduction of results to reduce memory usage on the coordinating node.
- Limits to the number of shards which are searched in parallel, so that a single query cannot dominate the cluster.
Distributed Watch Execution
X-Pack Watcher used to execute all of its watches on the master node, which limited the number of watches that could be run and added stress to the master node. Distributed watch execution moves watch execution to the nodes that hold the shards of the watcher index so that your watches can scale with your cluster.