Awesome web-browsable Web APIs.
Full documentation for the project is available at http://www.django-rest-framework.org.
REST framework is a collaboratively funded project. If you use REST framework commercially we strongly encourage you to invest in its continued development by signing up for a paid plan.
The initial aim is to provide a single full-time position on REST framework. Every single sign-up makes a significant impact towards making that possible.
Django REST framework is a powerful and flexible toolkit for building Web APIs.
Some reasons you might want to use REST framework:
- The Web browsable API is a huge usability win for your developers.
- Authentication policies including optional packages for OAuth1a and OAuth2.
- Serialization that supports both ORM and non-ORM data sources.
- Customizable all the way down – just use regular function-based views if you don’t need the more powerful features.
- Extensive documentation, and great community support.
There is a live example API for testing purposes, available here.
Django REST framework 3.7.1 was released.
- Fix Interactive documentation always uses false for boolean fields in requests # 5492
- Improve compatibility with Django 2.0 alpha. # 5500 # 5503
- Improved handling of schema naming collisions # 5486
- Added additional docs and tests around about a default value for dotted
sourcefields # 5489