On November 10, 2020, Citrix released Citrix SDWAN Center Security Update to warn about the vulnerability. These vulnerabilities numbers are CVE-2020-8271, CVE-2020-8272, and CVE-2020-8273. The exploit code (PoC) of CVE-2020-8271 has been made public.
|CVE-2020-8271||Unauthenticated remote code execution with root privileges||CWE-23: Path Traversal||An attacker must be able to communicate with SD-WAN Center’s Management IP/FQDN|
|CVE-2020-8272||Authentication Bypass resulting in exposure of SD-WAN functionality||CWE-287: Improper Authentication||An attacker must be able to communicate with SD-WAN Center’s Management IP/FQDN|
|CVE-2020-8273||Privilege escalation of an authenticated user to root||CWE-78: Improper Neutralization of Special Elements used in an OS Command (‘OS Command Injection’)||The attacker must be an authenticated user on SD-WAN Center|
- Citrix SD-WAN 11.2 before 11.2.2
- Citrix SD-WAN 11.1 before 11.1.2b
- Citrix SD-WAN 10.2 before 10.2.8
- Citrix SD-WAN 11.2.2 and later versions of Citrix SD-WAN 11.2
- Citrix SD-WAN 11.1.2b and later versions of Citrix SD-WAN 11.1
- Citrix SD-WAN 10.2.8 and later versions of Citrix SD-WAN 10.2
In this regard, we recommend that users upgrade Citrix SD-WAN to the latest version in time.