calibre is a powerful and easy to use e-book manager. Users say it’s outstanding and a must-have. It’ll allow you to do nearly everything and it takes things a step beyond normal e-book software. It’s also completely free and open source and great for both casual users and computer experts.
- Save time on managing your e-book collection
- Use it everywhere and with anything
- Comprehensive e-book viewer
- Download news/magazines from the web
- Share and backup your library easily
- Edit the books in your collection
- Satisfy every e-book need and get support
- Viewer: Halve the time taken to prepare large EPUB files for first open
- Viewer: Add an optional toolbar with common actions turn it on under Preferences->Miscellaneous
- Viewer: Change the default color scheme to “System” which matches the colors used by the rest of calibre/the operating system. Also means the colors change automatically when the system color theme changes.
- Viewer: Add a keyboard shortcut ; to go to a book location or position
- Viewer: Add a control to easily reset the interface to defaults
- Viewer: Allow also using –open-at with book positions
- Viewer: Add command line option to force reloading of books
- Content server: Fix conversion of comics not working.
Closes tickets: 1847017
- Book details: Allow right click to copy author links and identifiers
- Book details: Fix removal of identifiers via right click not working
- Book details: Fix clicking on tags etc not generating exact match searches
- Viewer: When resizing and the resizing back to the old size ensure we return to the same page in paged mode.
Closes tickets: 1847507
- Duplicates dialog: Sort sub-list of matching books already in calibre by author for easier inspection.
Closes tickets: 1851386
- PDF Output: Fix links that go to destinations in the same file not working.
Closes tickets: 1849529
- Viewer: Fix changes to keyboard shortcuts not being applied until viewer is restarted.
Closes tickets: 1851045
- DOCX Input: Fix AlternateContent blocks rendering both choice and fallback sections.
Closes tickets: 1847365
- macOS: Fix unable to re-arrange entries in the CSV catalog list.
Closes tickets: 1850918
- Windows: fix UTF-16/truncated output when reporting unhandled exceptions
- Viewer: Fix mouse wheel not working when mouse is over page margins.
Closes tickets: 1850845
- Linux: Install bash completions as individual files for each calibre binary
- Content server: Fix download button not working with non-ebook formats.
Closes tickets: 1850078
- Fix a crash in popup completion lists if the mouse is over the list and list is scrolled with the keyboard
- Viewer: Fix rare exception when navigating to a CFI.
Closes tickets: 1849775
- Viewer: Ignore failures printing console message when the viewer is launched with broken stderr.
Closes tickets: 1849612
- Amazon metadata: Fix failure to get published date from audible book pages.
Closes tickets: 1849400
- Viewer: Fix shortcuts preferences not being translated
- Tag browser: Fix incorrect text color when using dark theme for hovered item
- Fix crash if canceling the icon theme download while covers are downloading
- Viewer: Fix non-ASCII content in stylesheets not being interpreted correctly.
Closes tickets: 1848858
- Viewer/Content server: Fix history for completion popups such as search bars not being stored correctly.
Closes tickets: 1847976
- PDF Output: When a link with a fragment points to a non-existent anchor link to the top of the file instead of not linking at all
- PDF Output: Fix standard svg fullscreen image markup not working
- PDF Output: Fix some books with full screen images failing to convert.
Closes tickets: 1848701
Improved news sources
- Various Polish news sources