calibre is a powerful and easy to use e-book manager. Users say it’s outstanding and a must-have. It’ll allow you to do nearly everything and it takes things a step beyond normal e-book software. It’s also completely free and open source and great for both casual users and computer experts.
- Save time on managing your e-book collection
- Use it everywhere and with anything
- Comprehensive e-book viewer
- Download news/magazines from the web
- Share and backup your library easily
- Edit the books in your collection
- Satisfy every e-book need and get support
- Tag browser: When grouping items by first letter if adjacent letters have few entries combine them into a single group.
Can be controlled via an option in Preferences->Look & fee->Tag browser to combine ‘first letters’ together if there are a small number of items under adjacent letters
- Viewer: Allow displaying the current page / total pages in the header/footer. Useful in paged mode to see exactly how many pages are left.
Closes tickets: 1899163
- Viewer search panel: Show more result context in a tooltip when hovering over a search result.
Closes tickets: 1899834
- DOCX Input: Add support for Word controls used to rotate or flip images
Only works with output formats such as EPUB that support CSS transforms
- Viewer image pop-up: Allow maximizing/minimizing the window.
Closes tickets: 1899762
- Edit metadata dialog: Use only a single line for custom column date fields
- Add an item to search for categories to the category editor context menu.
Closes tickets: 1899341
- Category editor: Add a right click menu to change case of the selected entries.
Closes tickets: 1899316
- Fix a regression in 5.0 that caused performance of dialogs that contain title/series/tags edit fields to be very poor with large libraries.
Closes tickets: 1898221
- Fix a regression in 5.0 that caused some pop-up menus to appear on the wrong monitor in multi-monitor setups
- macOS: Fix a long standing bug that prevented drag and drop of multiple items
- Windows: Fix a regression that broke scanning for default programs for the Open with action
- Windows: Fix a regression in 5.0 causing some MOBI files with non-BMP characters not being processed correctly.
Closes tickets: 1898894
- E-book viewer: Fix scrolling past the end of chapter boundaries not working in books that have negative margins
- Edit metadata dialog: fix incorrect rendering of custom column names that start with emoji.
Closes tickets: 1899466
- Quickview: Fix nothing shown after clearing the search.
Closes tickets: 1899318
- Dark mode: Fix radio buttons having no outline.
Closes tickets: 1900022
- Annotations browser: When showing a book in the calibre library that is not currently visible, display an error.
Closes tickets: 1900066
New news sources
- Deutsche Welle by VoHe
Improved news sources