Caddy is fast, easy to use, and makes you more productive.
- Easy configuration with the Caddyfile
- Automatic HTTPS on by default (via Let’s Encrypt)
- HTTP/2 by default
- Virtual hosting so multiple sites just work
- Experimental QUIC support for those that like speed
- TLS session ticket key rotation for more secure connections
- Extensible with plugins because a convenient web server is a helpful one
- Runs anywhere with no external dependencies (not even libc)
Caddy 1.0 is here. Future changes on the 1.0 tree will focus on stability and bug fixes.
Go modules are required to build Caddy from source. Go 1.13 will use modules by default.
Notably, binaries are no longer licensed with a separate EULA. Commercial use of our download page, however, still requires a subscription (all customers have been grandfathered in — in effect, nothing is really different except we got rid of the annoying legal technicality).
- Minor internal/linting improvements
- EULA no longer applies
- Backwards compatibility goal