Black Lab Enterprise Linux is a 64 bit Linux based OS, that is geared towards the business, education and government worker. It has all the applications business users will need to work, research and deployment among very high-end systems. Desktops and Servers. With this system, you can host the entire line of legacy applications that may still be in use in your environment as well as facilities for deploying web apps. Black Lab Enterprise Linux is certified in many states to run government intranet and web-based applications. Black Lab Enterprise Linux is the ONLY Debian and Ubuntu based system that is certified by Oracle and IBM to host and deploy their respective cloud technologies. Black Lab Enterprise Linux is deployed by 4 out of 5 US military branches and is in use by the NOAA and the National Weather Service. Black Lab Enterprise Linux is also used by many local law enforcement agencies as well as deployed by over 100 school systems in 50 states as well as 20 school systems on the African continent.
The first public beta of Black Lab Enterprise Linux 11.5 was released. In this release, Black Lab Enterprise Linux’s system has been improved to include driver features, including a new kernel. Running a web application using the Chromium web browser now makes it possible to use standard Linux applications just like Chrome OS.
- On some systems, the resolution does not exceed 1024×768 even with higher resolutions
- Microsoft Surface book – Detaches system lock from keyboard, touch screen and pen does not work
- Microsoft Surface – Dialing works on smaller system features, raising and lowering volume, manipulating brightness, but not performing specific application tasks
- Google Search Appliance – After installation, it will not restart when you reboot the system and you must reboot
- System Software – At startup, it will ask for your username and password. This will be deleted in the final version