Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.19 released
The Apache Tomcat Native Library is an optional component for use with Apache Tomcat that allows Tomcat to use certain native resources for performance, compatibility, etc.
Specifically, the Apache Tomcat Native Library gives Tomcat access to the Apache Portable Runtime (APR) library’s network connection (socket) implementation and random-number generator. See the Apache Tomcat documentation for more information on how to configure Tomcat to use the APR connector.
Features of the APR connector:
- Non-blocking I/O for Keep-Alive requests (between requests)
- Uses OpenSSL for TLS/SSL capabilities (if supported by linked APR library)
- FIPS 140-2 support for TLS/SSL (if supported by linked OpenSSL library)
Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.19 released. This version of the major updates include:
- 62892: Fix memory leaks in OCSP handling. (jfclere)
- 62944: Fix copy/paste error that prevented TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 from being used if TLS 1.3 was available. Patch provided by Dean Rasheed. (markt)
- Include OpenSSL licensing information in the Tomcat Native binaries for Windows that are built with OpenSSL. (markt)
- Update recommended OpenSSL version to 1.0.2q or later. (markt)