Apache Tomcat is an open source implementation of Java Servlets, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language, and Java WebSocket technology. Designed to provide users with the original Java environment to run Web applications.
The Apache Tomcat software is developed in an open and participatory environment and released under the Apache License version 2. The Apache Tomcat project is intended to be a collaboration of the best-of-breed developers from around the world. We invite you to participate in this open development project. To learn more about getting involved, click here.
Apache Tomcat software powers numerous large-scale, mission-critical web applications across a diverse range of industries and organizations. Some of these users and their stories are listed on the PoweredBy wiki page.
Apache Tomcat 9.0.19 includes fixes and other enhancements and changes.
- Increment version ready for next development cycle
- Remove unused code identified by Eclipse
- Run internal upgrade handler on NIO as well
- Revert workaround to what looks like a ContextConfig bug around docBase
- Use async by default for now
- Ensure dcoBase is configured using a canonical path