Apache Tomcat is an open source implementation of Java Servlets, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language, and Java WebSocket technology. Designed to provide users with the original Java environment to run Web applications.
The Apache Tomcat software is developed in an open and participatory environment and released under the Apache License version 2. The Apache Tomcat project is intended to be a collaboration of the best-of-breed developers from around the world. We invite you to participate in this open development project. To learn more about getting involved, click here.
Apache Tomcat software powers numerous large-scale, mission-critical web applications across a diverse range of industries and organizations. Some of these users and their stories are listed on the PoweredBy wiki page.
Apache Tomcat 9.0.29 includes fixes and other enhancements and changes.
- Refactor JMX remote RMI registry creation. (remm)
- 63835: Add support for Keep-Alive response header. (michaelo)
- Correct a logic bug in the
NioEndpointtimeout handling that meant a write timeout could be handled as a read timeout. (markt)
- Add a warning regarding potential poor performance of the HTTP and AJP connectors if
socket.txBufSizeis configured with an explicit value rather than using the JVM default. (markt)
- Improve OWB module based using custom shade appender. (remm)
- Add security filter in OWB module in addition to the valve for more flexibility. (remm)