Apache NetBeans 11.2 is officially released.
The highlights of enhancements in the Java area are focused on support for JDK 13.
- JEP 354: Switch Expressions (Preview Feature):
- JEP 355: Text Blocks (Preview Feature)
The highlights of enhancements in the PHP area are focused on support for PHP 7.4.
- The Gradle features can now read Java compiler arguments, enabling NetBeans support for Java preview features in Gradle projects. (PR-1494)
- Gradle now can accept user input from its Output tab. (PR-1461)
- NetBeans honors the project’s
org.gradle.jvmargsproperty when launching Gradle Daemon (PR-1501)
- Enhancement to the installer enables subsets of Apache NetBeans to be installed (PR-1505)
- Upgraded Payara support to Payara Platform 5.193 (PR-1470)
- Amazon Beanstalk support updates (PR-1312)
- HTML5 attribute syntax support (PR-1380)
- Cleaned up Welcome Screen no longer refers to Oracle backends (PR-1457)